The Effectiveness of the Program
The Narconon program, first established in 1966, was unique forty years ago and still is today. It is a proven get off and stay off drugs program. The key to the successes of the Narconon program is the Drug Rehabilitation Technology it uses, which was developed by author and humanitarian L. Ron Hubbard. This methodology has been used successfully by hundreds of thousands of people around the world to rid themselves of the need for drugs and regain control of their lives. The Narconon drug rehab program, unlike more traditional treatment, deals with both the physical and mental problems brought about by drug use. The end result is a success rate that is 3 to 4 times that of other programs. Furthermore, none of these solutions involves the use of any drug.
When a person drinks or uses drugs over a period of time, the body becomes unable to completely eliminate them all. Although undetected in blood and urine after more or less 3 days, certain quantities do remain in the body. It has been shown that drugs and alcohol are broken down in the liver, but these drug residues remain for years in the body's fatty tissues. The tissues that are high in fats are turned over very slowly. However, when they are turned over, the stored drug metabolites (the substances the body converts the drugs or
alcohol into) are released into the blood stream once more and reactivate the same brain centers as if the person actually took the drug again. The former drug addict now experiences a drug restimulation (or “flashback”) and drug craving. This is common in the months after a drug addict quits and can continue to occur for years, even decades.
These accumulated drug residues continuously cause adverse symptoms, which is exactly why it led L. Ron Hubbard to develop the Narconon New Life Detoxification Program aimed at reducing levels of toxins in the body to assist in recovery. The New Life Detoxification Program utilizes a combination of exercise, induced sweating in a sauna, and nutritional supplements to produce the following results: The graph on the right depicts cocaine metabolites being excreted in the sweat and urine of clients participating in the Narconon New Life Detoxification Program. Levels of drug metabolites are not detectable in clients prior to the start of this program, then increase dramatically and slowly taper off as the program is continued.
- Increased energy.
- Increased sense of well being.
- Improved memory and attention.
- Enthusiasm towards life.
- Ability to think more clearly.
- Reduction or elimination of drug and alcohol cravings.
- Reduction or elimination of many symptoms associated with substance abuse.
(Can include depression, irritability, and fatigue.)
A Narconon Program Graduate is someone
- Who knows he is, in fact, capable of living a drug-free life thereafter;
- Who has improved his or her ability to learn and thus can accept new ideas on how to change life for the better;
- Who has personally absorbed the fundamentals of ethics and morality well enough that he or she can be productive and contributive to society and will have no further troubles with the justice system;
- Who knows how to solve the problems of life in a rational manner to the best of his ability, without the use of mind-altering drugs.
- Each narconon program graduate is expected, no matter the severity of his or her earlier life experience, to achieve and to live a stably drug-free, ethical life, one for one.
There is no such thing as a “victim” in the Narconon program way of thinking. Even if life has dealt one a bad hand of cards, the road out is through personal recognition of responsibility for one’s own condition.